Trophies are indicated at the top left of your screen in Clash of clans game. You gain trophies by successfully attacking or defending. If you successfully destroy 50% of the defenders base, you will gain points towards your Trophy count. You gain Trophies based on the amount of Stars you win during the battle. If you gain 1 star, you received 1/3 of the amount of Trophies indicated when attacking. Each star is worth 1/3 of the total amount of Trophies possible during your attack.
Should you lose a battle during an attack or defense, you’ll lose Trophies based on the same ratios. If you destroy an enemy’s base by 100%, you will gain 3 stars and get the total amount of Trophies possible during the attack.
- Experience is gained by finishing buildings. The more expensive the building, the more experience you will gain by completing it.
- You also get experience from removing obstacles on the map like Rocks, Trees, and Flowers.
- Small amounts of experience is gained by destroying enemy halls.
- When attacking in multiplayer, you get matched based on your Trophy count.
- Since a person can deliberately increase or decrease their Trophy count by winning or losing battles, this system can be manipulated.